Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to business






It has been a busy couple of months since I have written in my blog. A few distractions along the way. I had a son get married, and the main wedding was in our city and not the brides. I sure learned a lot of great things about planning a wedding for instance: Tai Pan Trading has a great floral department where you can rent table decorations and arches. It is really the best way to go if you are using silk flowers. They have quite a variety of arrangements to choose from and then you can exchange certain flowers in the arrangements to go with your color scheme. Unfortunately for myself, I did not discover this until after I bought and arranged my own arrangements with the help of my artistic minded husband. Now I have a garage full of decorations and nowhere to store them.
Another great tip for the do it your self person:
"Costco floral" Most Costco stores sell bouquets of flowers. If you are lucky they might be selling the color scheme you are using depending on the season. You can also contact their floral department and order flowers at a reduced Costco price direct from the producer. This makes it possible for you to be picky about what you want, of course taking into consideration the seasons and the flowers available that time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment